Walt always makes fun of me when it’s time to clean the house because I head straight to the closet to organize drawers. Something about the smaller space makes it not as intimidating as the piles of papers on the dining room table. Well, as with the cleaning, one of my first projects was in the closet. This year, with trying to get back to pre-pregnancy weight, my wardrobe focus has been on accessories. I needed something to organize my expanding collection of necklaces. I wanted a fabric covered corkboard frame but I haven’t found a suitable fabric. So here is my current jewelry display.
- The frame – this was an as-is from Ikea ($3.99- thanks to Britt).
- Corkboard – I purchased this from Michael’s craft store
- Adhesive – I used a glue gun but you could use a spray adhesive
- Corsage pins
- Spray paint – optional (my frame were a birch color so I used white spray paint)
- Remove glass and spray paint the frame white. I chose to prime then paint the frame to avoid the paint dripping.
- Cut the corkboard to the size of the frame. I hot glued the corkboard to the cardboard backing that came with the frame, however, spray adhesive may be easier to work with.
- Use corsage pins to hold the jewelry. You can easily rearrange the pins to best display your jewelry.
It was easy as 1-2-3 – literally! Let me know if you have any questions!