School started this past Thursday and our summer is slowing coming to an end. We have been trying to savor every last bit of our time before we have to dive back into our school year routine. It’s a great time to reflect on the past few months and see how much we accomplished on of our Summer List. My husband thought our list was too ambitious – it’s time to see who was right.
Things we can check off our list!!
- We enjoyed an outdoor concert.
- We watched fireworks or caught glimpses on a couple of occasions – that counts right?! Lily was too tired to stay out on the 4th of July so we saw them from our rearview mirror and they got rained out while we were on vacation but I’m sure the third time is a charm and it will all work out on Labor Day.
- We spent a relaxing week at the beach as seen here and here in multiple posts so I’ll spare you the details.
- We enjoyed yummy fruit from the Farmer’s Market on a few occasions and fresh vegetables from our homegrown garden.
- We still haven’t put away the slip and slide or kiddie pool that we used on several occasions.
- We celebrated Walt’s, Jacob’s and Lily’s birthdays with cakes, cupcakes and ice cream cakes.
- We attended many wine tastings and even hosted our own tasting (something we threw together at the last minute).
In addition, we tackled a few things not on our list.
We hiked Crowders Mountain, Ventured throughout Carowinds, shopped at the outlet mall, landscaped a little, experienced the Nascar All Star race, observed the Panther’s practice during fanfest and ran a few 5ks.What we didn’t get to was the backyard camping (I think we all agree it was too darn hot!), making homemade ice cream (the summer’s not over yet), catching fireflies, taking a photography class (it would help to have a camera) and the boys fishing trip.
That said, I’d say I won because we did more than half our activities!! Would you agree? What fun things did you do this summer? You know it’s technically not over yet! Labor Day is just around the corner!