Spring is one of, if not, my favorite season. I love the birds chirping, the trees budding, the smell of freshly cut grass, evenings on our back porch, cookouts, kids playing outdoors, starting our garden and watching the flowers bloom! Unfortunately the rain kept us in today so I decided to share a recipe I recently found and love!!
I first saw the recipe on One Upon A Chef. It’s a super easy recipe!! Even I can do this one!
- 2 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 ears fresh corn, cooked, cooled and kernels cut off the cob (I try to use fresh corn but this time I used can corn – shhhh!)
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots (you’ll need one medium shallot) (I skipped this because I didn’t have any- sorry)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 9 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest (zest limes before juicing them)
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Hass avocados, diced
Combine all ingredients except avocados in a large bowl.
Cover and chill for a few hours or overnight. Right before serving, add avocados and mix gently, being careful not to mash avocados. Garnish with a few sprigs of freshly chopped cilantro if desired. Serve at room temperature.
That’s all I have for now. Thanks for visiting my Spring Mantel Decor. I hope to have more to share about our front porch if the rain subside!