I feel like I’m destined to fail the three hour glucose test I’m taking tomorrow. I have had an insatiable desire for sweets. I think I went overboard when I baked these Cookies and Cream Oreo Fudge brownies a couple of days before my 3rd trimester glucose test.
I saw this recipe on Pinterest and just had to try it. The recipe I used was from Amanda and Kevin’s blog.
Cookies ‘N Cream Oreo Fudge Brownies
- 1 box Brownie Mix with eggs & oil (as called for by the brownie mix)
- 1/2 cup of Cookies & Cream ice cream
- 1/4 Cup hot fudge topping
- Preheat oven according to the instructions on the brownie mix box.
- Spray an 8×8 baking dish generously with cooking spray.
- Combine brownie mix, eggs, and oil as directed on the back of the box, but do not add the water.
- Add ice cream and hot fudge to the brownie batter and stir.
- Pour half of the brownie batter into the baking dish, layer with Oreos, then top with remaining batter.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or as directed on the back of the box (I had to cook mine an additional 10-15 minutes because they were way to gooey for me.)
How divine!! This is an undeniable solution to a decadent chocolate craving!! Unfortunately I’m on a 12 hour fast in prep for the sugar test, otherwise, I may be enjoying one of these with a scoop of ice cream – YUM!!!
In case you are wondering, I haven’t abandoned crafts or DIY decor. However, my husband and I are discussing expanding our house again. We have been meeting with a few builders to see how feasible it is to add a second floor and what areas would be impacted. We have put a few house-tweaking plans (such as dining room window seat and dry bar, office redesign, baby’s nursery and entry way makeover) on hold until we make some decisions. We don’t want to tweak something that we may tear down or move a few months from now.
Of course the state of uncertainty is driving me crazy but there are other things to keep me busy, like kitchen and closet reorganizations, Jacob’s tween room, our front porch and back deck, our severely lacking summer garden and our family pics this upcoming weekend! In the meantime, I’ll be sharing a few small craft projects with you over the next couple of weeks as we re-prioritize.
I appreciate you taking the time to stop by!! Thanks for visiting!