I love photos. Whether they are purposely posed pictures or candid shots, they all bring back memories of great times with family and friends. Maybe that’s why I have over 1200 photos on my phone and over 3000 photos on my camera. I’m diligent about taking photos but horrible about uploading them to a computer, backing them up or printing them out. I selected a couple of projects to help get me started.
This first photo project was a quick and easy photo canvas project. All it required was a photo, a canvas, Mod Podge, a paint brush and scissors. To minimize the expensive (and my concern of messing up a good photo), I used a laser printer copy of a photo.
The photo I used was one my husband was tagged in on Facebook during one of his races. I didn’t take it and the text was already on the photo. You can read how to add text to photos here.
- Print photo – I printed the picture on printer paper – nothing fancy
- Cut the photo to fit the canvas – I used an 8×10
- Apply adhesive (I used Mod Podge) to the canvas
- Position and adhere the photo over the canvas
- Paint a layer of Mod Podge over the picture and canvas. It appears like a white film but dries clear. You can use a roller brush to help roll out bubbles although many will disappear as it dries.
How do you display your favorite photos?