So with the new year, I decided to step it up a notch and trade less processed or sugary foods for whole foods. Paleo meals are one of the easiest ways to do so. The great thing is this time my husband is on board and after several weeks of doing so I think he is bought in! A couple of weekends ago, we tried this Paleo Califlower and Bacon Hash recipe that Paleo Leap and it has become a family favorite for breakfast.
My 12 year old, Jacob, helped himself to thirds (even after I told him what it was). Of course bacon makes everything taste better!! I couldn’t get a good picture because it was gone before I could find my camera. If you give this a try, let me know if you agree or if you think I’m crazy. You can also rate the recipe at the bottom of the post when you leave a comment.
- ¾ lb. cauliflower
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 medium onion
- ½ smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ lemon
- 2 tsp fresh parsley (garnish)
- 2 tbsp olive oil (or other Paleo cooking fat)
- 3 tbsp water
- 4 eggs (optional)
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until it's crispy (about 10 minutes)
- Remove bacon and set it aside, but leave the fat in.
- Dice the onion, garlic and cauliflower. (I only use half an onion)
- In the same skillet, add the cauliflower, garlic and onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until it starts to brown.
- Add smoked paprika (I used regular paprika because that is all we had on hand) and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the water and cover the skillet to further cook the califlower until tender (approximately 5 minutes).
- Chop and add the bacon back to the skillet.
- Squeeze the half lemon and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with fresh parsley