I saw this project in a magazine and was excited to give it a try.
The puzzle was my only expense (@ $3.00 including shipping). I had everything else on hand.
- Heart puzzle (from Etsy Shop – Studio Cee)
- 5×7 Photo
- Scissors and/or exact knife (recommended)
- Modpodge (or glue)
1. Trace the heart puzzle on the photo and cut out the photo.
2. Turn the photo face down and place the puzzle, also face down on the picture.
3. Remove one puzzle piece at a time and trace the bordering pieces.
4. Carefully cut out the pieces. This is where an exacto knife may work better.
5. Match the picture to the puzzle piece and glue it down.
6. To protect the photo, I coated the top with a layer of Modpodge.
While it is cute, my cuts weren’t perfect so the puzzle doesn’t piece together easily so I decided to frame it to avoid further frustration. 😉
Check out some other Valentine Ideas!
2. Make a special scratch off Valentine’s day card.
4. DIY a newspaper heart ornament
5. Paint a You Have My Whole Heart sign
6. Bake Red Velvet Cupcakes – YUM!
What fun things do you have planned for Valentine’s Day? Share a link to your projects in the comments!
Linking to: Between Naps on the Porch, Tip Junkie, Savvy Southern Style