Looking for a smooth summertime refreshment? I have just the thing for you!!
I love coffee and I so badly want to call this a coffee coolatta but seeing that is trademarked, I’m refraining. I thought about Frappe but since Frappe means instant Greek coffee that didn’t seem appropriate either so we are going with a good ole smoothie.
It’s my morning ritual and frequent afternoon pick me up to enjoy a cup of joe. However, with the warmer weather, hot coffee in the afternoon just doesn’t sound as appealing. Then I found this quick and easy recipe for a cool refreshing coffee beverage that hits the spot! It was a perfect way to put our Nespresso to work!
I adapted the recipe from Eat Drink Paleo where there are several great Paleo Smoothie recipes. I made a few minor modifications with ingredients I purchased at Trader Joe’s.
- This Simple Coffee Smoothie serves 1-2
- 2 ounces of strong brewed coffee or an Espresso shot, chilled (I used a shot of decaf)
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup coconut cream
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp coconut syrup or maple syrup
- 1 cup ice cubes or crushed ice
- Just put everything in a blender and blend it for a minute or two. It's probably more appropriate to put it in a glass than a coffee mug but I grabbed the first thing I thought of. I also sprinkled a little cinnamon on top because it just seemed like the thing to do. :)
Yum!! The consistency was smooth and fluffy and it was delicious!
Excuse me while I go and enjoy my cool refreshing coffee beverage…