Hi there! Recently I found myself with a little time on my hands and thought it would be a perfect time to blog but I wasn’t really sure what to blog about? A couple of years ago, I had a forever long list and couldn’t get to all the topics and this time I drew a blank. I started to think maybe it was time to give up the blog but just then a blogger I love and follow, linked to one of my projects! Jen, from I Heart Organizing, was re-doing her teenage son’s room and used my ottoman makeover tutorial! I did that almost 4 years ago and was thrilled to know it was still helping others especially one of my favorite “go-to blogger” for organizational ideas! All that to say it motivated me to keep on bloggging for at least a little while longer. I realize not everything I write will inspire others or even make a difference but over the years I have had a handful of projects or decorating posts that have taken off or even been published and that makes me smile.
Today I’m sharing a quick and easy Paleo Bacon Spinach Sweet Potato Hash dish or side item.
This was on my lunch menu this week but it could easily be a side item to a chicken or steak entree. It’s tasty and easy to make. Not into sweet potatoes? An alternative is the cauliflower hash I posted a couple of years ago. Fair warning, your house might smell like bacon grease.
- 5 slices of good quality bacon (gluten, nitrate & nitrite, and sugar free)
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and slice into ½ inch cubes
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cups baby spinach (packed)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper, optional
- Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook the bacon until crispy, turning occasionally. I cut the sweet potatoes and onions while the bacon cooks to cut down on prep time.
- Remove and let the bacon rest on a paper towel covered plate. Cut up bacon once cooled.
- Add the onion and sweet potatoes to the skillet and season with paprika, cayenne (if using), salt and pepper to taste. Cook until soft, about 6 minutes. I like to cover it with a sheet of foil to help it cook more quickly and evenly.
- Add in the spinach and cook until wilted about 5 minutes.
- Fold in the bacon and mix everything together.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Recipe is courtesy PaleoLeap. It is part of the PaleoRestart menu. I love their restart program because it takes the thinking out of my meal plans.
Hope you enjoy!!